Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Guest Post by Sally: Judita Palace Hotel

I loved the Judita Palace Hotel in Split Croatia.

We arrived in Split mid-afternoon and left first thing the next morning for the ferry to Hvar. The Hotel was expensive and I wasn't sure we should splurge for such a short stay. I'm glad I did. If I could pick any room in the Hotel, I would have picked #7 and that's where we stayed. It was a large corner room with three walls of natural stone.

Stone walls, May 2014

Shutters opened onto the main old town square and looked directly at the palace wall and one of the Palace gates. It was a great view for people watching. At night the triple paned glass shut out all noise.

A view from our room, May 2014
Entry courtyard, May 2014


The staff was Great. As Bassman mentioned, we parked outside the palace walls and were picked up by a friendly guy who had us laughing all the way to the Hotel. The woman at the desk was friendly and welcoming. A cook/waitress came in at 7:00 the next morning to have breakfast ready before we had to leave for the Ferry to Hvar. She went home when we were done. The aforementioned guy went to the market to get fresh bread for us. A different golf cart driver came by with the express purpose of getting us to the Ferry Dock. He carried our bags to his cart, drove us to our car, loaded our luggage in the car and then had us follow him to exactly where we had to be.

I call this a thumbs up for me and for J!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, and will be posted after I've reviewed them for appropriateness.